Committee on Academic Policy and Planning
The Bylaws detail the areas on which AP&P members focus, specifically:
- issues of academic philosophy, standards, and conduct as well as the appropriateness of present and proposed programs, degrees, majors, options, and concentrations.
- faculty-student relations.
- governance of the University.
- other matters of academic policy.
AP&P has a membership of 14:
- Ex-officio members (3)
- Provost or designee
- Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs/Academic Engagement and Student Achievement
- Dean of Graduate Affairs
- Appointed members (11):
- nine faculty--one from each of the seven Colleges (two of whom must be elected Senators), the Library, and the SDSU-IV Campus
- two students
AY 2017/18 AP&P Roster
|Academic Unit or Ex Officio Position||Name||Term Ends||Appt Date||Department||Senator|
|Faculty / A&L||Abdel-Nour, Farid||May-20||Jun-14||POL S||Yes|
|Faculty / BUS||Penrose, John||May-18||May-05||MGT|
|Faculty / EDU||Phillip, Randy||May-20||Oct-08||STE|
|Faculty / ENG||Beyene, Asfaw||May-18||Sep-12||M E|
|Faculty / HHS||Mahar, Matthew||May-20||Aug-17||ENS||Yes|
|Faculty / PFSA||Hopkins, D.J. (Chair)||May-19||—||THEA||Yes|
|Faculty / SCI||Schellenberg, Stephen||May-18||Oct-12||GEOL|
|Faculty / IVC||Castaneda, Donna||May-20||Oct-14||IVC|
|Faculty / LIA||Lach, Pamella||May-20||Aug-17||LIA|
|Provost (or designee)||Enwemeka, Chukuka S.||—||—||AA|
|AVP Student Achievement||Shultz, Norah||—||—||DUS|
|Dean of Division of Graduate Affairs||Balsdon, Ed (Designee)||—||—||G&RA|
AP&P convenes on Tuesdays -- specifically, the week following a Senate meeting. Following, then, are the dates for AY 2017-18.
Tuesday, September 12
Tuesday, October 10
Tuesday, November 14
Tuesday, December 12
Tuesday, February 13
Tuesday, March 13
Tuesday, April 10
Tuesday, May 8
Meetings are held in PSFA 357 from 2:00 to 4:00 pm.
Upload committee agendas and minutes in this section.
Upload submitted reports to the Senate and record them in this section.