Committee on Committees and Elections
The Bylaws detail the areas on which CCE members focus, specifically:
- procedures for and supervision/administration of all elections of members of the Senate.
- procedures for and supervision/administration of all elections within the Senate (including elected Officers and elected members of all Committees - excluding CCE).
- certification of vacancies in the Senate and Senate-appointed Committees (as well recommendations to the Senate for filling those vacancies as they arise).
- eligibility for election or membership in the electorate (in case of doubt).
CCE must observe all membership parameters noted in the Bylaws; for example, it shall:
- operate as a committee of the whole.
- ensure that all Committees consist of at least three members.
- ensure that each elected Senator is serving on at least one Senate or Senate-appointed Committee.
- ensure that no ex-officio member is named Chair of a Committee, unless otherwise provided.
CCE has a membership of 12:
- Nine Senators--one from each of the seven Colleges, the Library, and the SDSU-IV Campus
- Three additional faculty--one each from the College of Arts & Letters, College of Professional Studies & Fine Arts, and College of Sciences
Roster / AY 2017-18
|Major Academic Unit (or Ex Officio Position)||Name||Term Ends||Appt. Date||Department|
|Faculty – A&L||Clo, Clarissa||18-May||17-May||ITA||Sen|
|Faculty – A&L||Penrose, Walter||18-May||17-May||HIST||Sen|
|Faculty – BUS||Gubellini, Stefano||18-May||17-May||FINANCE||Sen|
|Faculty – EDU||Degeneffe, Charles||18-May||17-May||ARPE||Sen|
|Faculty – ENG||Morsi, Khaled||18-May||17-Mar||M ENG||Sen|
|Faculty – HHS||Gates, Michael||18-May||17-May||NURS||Sen|
|Faculty – IVC||Abarbanell, Linda||18-May||17-May||IVC||Sen|
|Faculty – LIA||Bliss, Laurel||18-May||17-May||LIA||Sen|
|Faculty – PFSA||Sasidharan, Vinod||18-May||17-May||TTF||Sen|
|Faculty – PFSA||Humphrey, Jess||18-May||17-May||MUSIC/DANCE||Sen|
|Faculty – SCI||Ulloa, Emilio||18-May||17-May||CoS||Sen|
|Faculty – SCI||Vaughn, Allison (Chair)||18-May||17-May||PSY||Sen|
CCE meets at 1:00 pm on Tuesdays that the Senate meets. Thus, dates for AY 2017-18 are:
Tuesday, September 12
Tuesday, October 3
Tuesday, November 7
Tuesday, December 5
Tuesday, February 6
Tuesday, March 6
Tuesday, April 3
Tuesday, May 1
Some meetings are held electronically; others convene in LS N 120; contact Chair Allison Vaughn for specifics.
Upload committee agenda and minutes here.
Upload submitted reports to the Senate here (i.e. Annual Report...)