Committee on Committees and Elections
The Bylaws detail the areas on which CCE members focus, specifically:
- procedures for and supervision/administration of all elections of members of the Senate.
- procedures for and supervision/administration of all elections within the Senate (including elected Officers and elected members of all Committees - excluding CCE).
- certification of vacancies in the Senate and Senate-appointed Committees (as well recommendations to the Senate for filling those vacancies as they arise).
- eligibility for election or membership in the electorate (in case of doubt).
CCE must observe all membership parameters noted in the Bylaws; for example, it shall:
- operate as a committee of the whole.
- ensure that all Committees consist of at least three members.
- ensure that each elected Senator is serving on at least one Senate or Senate-appointed Committee.
- ensure that no ex-officio member is named Chair of a Committee, unless otherwise provided.
CCE has a membership of 12:
- nine Senators--one from each of the seven Colleges, the Library, and the SDSU-IV Campus
- three additional faculty--one each from the College of Arts and Letters, College of Professional Studies and Fine Arts, and College of Sciences
AY 2017/18 CCE Roster
|Academic Unit or Ex Officio Position||Name||Term Ends||Appt Date||Department||Senator|
|Faculty / A&L||Clo, Clarissa||May-18||May-17||ITA||
|Faculty / A&L||Penrose, Walter||May-18||May-17||HIST||Yes|
|Faculty / BUS||Gubellini, Stefano||May-18||May-17||ACCT||Yes|
|Faculty / EDU||Degeneffe, Charles||May-18||May-17||CSP||Yes|
|Faculty / ENG||Morsi, Khaled||May-18||Mar-17||M ENG||Yes|
|Faculty / HHS||Gates, Michael||May-18||May-17||NURS||Yes|
|Faculty / IVC||Abarbanell, Linda||May-18||May-17||IVC||Yes|
|Faculty / LIA||Bliss, Laurel||May-18||May-17||LIA||Yes|
|Faculty / PFSA||Sasidharan, Vinod||May-18||May-17||TTF||Yes|
|Faculty / PFSA||Humphrey, Jess||May-18||May-17||Music/Dance||Yes|
|Faculty / SCI||Ulloa, Emilio||May-18||May-17||CoS||Yes|
|Faculty / SCI||Vaughn, Allison (Chair)||May-18||May-17||PSY||Yes|
CCE convenes at 1:00 pm on Tuesdays that the Senate meets. Thus, dates for this academic year are:
Tuesday, September 12
Tuesday, October 3
Tuesday, November 7
Tuesday, December 5
Tuesday, February 6
Tuesday, March 6
Tuesday, April 3
Tuesday, May 1
Some meetings are held electronically; other convene in LS N 120; contact Chair Allison Vaughn for specifics.
Upload committee agenda and minutes here.
Upload submitted reports to the Senate here (i.e. Annual Report...)