Copyrights and Patents Committee
The UNIVERSITY POLICIES: Committees and Councils section of the Policy File details the areas on which Committee members focus - specifically:
- guidelines for the implementation of provisions of the Copyrights, Trademarks, and Trade Secrets policy (submitted for approval to the Vice President for Research and the University Research Council).
- the extent of institutional support involved in the completion of intellectual property (with recommendations to the Vice President of Research on the assignment of ownership rights and division of royalties).
- advisement (to the Vice President of Research) on other intellectual property matters.
This Committee has a minimum membership of nine:
- at least four faculty, three of them Senate appointees to the Research Council (one
of whom serves as Chair)
- one member at large
- Chief Executive Officer of the SDSU Research Foundation or designee
- Vice President for Research or designee
- Vice President for Business and Financial Affairs or designee
- Director of the SDSU Research Foundation Technology Transfer Office (nonvoting)
Members shall be appointed to one-year renewable terms by the Vice President for Research.
AY 2018/19 Roster
|Major Academic Unit
(or Ex Officio Position)
|Name||Term Ends||Appt. Date||Department||Senator|
|Faculty – Senate Appointee to Research Council by Senate||Grotjahn, Douglas (Chair)||20-May||14-Sep||CHEM|
|Faculty – Senate Appointee to Research Council by Senate||Kassegne, Samuel||19-May||14-Sep||M E|
|Faculty – Senate Appointee to Research Council by Senate||Bresciani, Marilee||19-May||16-Sep||ARPE|
|Faculty – Open||Welch, Jenny Wong||19-May||18-Sep||LIA|
|Faculty – Open||Harris, Greg||19-May||18-Sep||BIO|
|Faculty – Open||May-Newman, Karen||19-May||18-Sep||M E||Sen|
|Faculty – Open||Ozturk, Yusuf||19-May||18-Sep||COMPE||Sen|
|Faculty – Open||Tong, William||19-May||18-Sep||CHEM|
|Chief Executive Officer - SDSURF or designee||Hushen, Tim (designee)||—||—||GRA|
|Technology Transfer Office (nonvoting)||Welch, Kyle||—||—||SDSURF|
|Director of SDSURF Technology Transfer Office (nonvoting)||Martindale, Tommy||—||—||SDSURF|
|Vice President for Business and Financial Affairs (or designee)||Careaga, Martin Munoz (designee)||—||—||
BUSINESS & FINANCE
|Vice President for Research (or designee)||Gulizia, Rick||—||—||GRA|
This Committee meets the 1st Tuesday of the month (12:45 to 1:45 pm), in SSE 1410.
Upload submitted reports to the Senate and record them in this section.