Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Outreach
The Bylaws detail the areas on which DEO members focus, specifically:
- University-wide programs for the recruitment and retention of faculty, staff, and
- advice to University administration (subject to approval of the President) regarding
prohibited discrimination, equal opportunity, outreach, and related matters.
- other advisement as requested (for example: to Enrollment Services, student organizations,
Departments and Schools, the Office of Employee Relations and Compliance, etc.).
DEO has a membership of 21:
- Ex-officio members (nine)
- Provost or designee
- Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs/Enrollment or designee
- Director of the Office of Employee Relations and Compliance
- Chief Diversity Officer
- Chair of the Senate or designee
- Vice President for Student Affairs or designee
- Associate Vice President Academic Affairs/Academic Engagement and Student Achievement or designee
- Director of the Center for Human Resources or designee
- Director of Student Disability Services or designee
- Appointed members (12)
- nine faculty (one of whom must be an elected Senator)--with each of the seven Colleges,
the Library, and the SDSU-IV Campus represented; one of the nine shall serve as Chair
- two students (one of whom must represent Associated Students)
- one staff.
- nine faculty (one of whom must be an elected Senator)--with each of the seven Colleges, the Library, and the SDSU-IV Campus represented; one of the nine shall serve as Chair
AY 2017/18 DEO Roster
|Academic Unit or Ex Officio position||Name||Term Ends||Appt Date||Department||Senator|
|Assistant Vice President for AA/ Director of Enrollment Srvs (or designee)||Cook, Sandra (designee)||—||—||ENROLLMENT SRVCS|
|Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs-Student Ach||Abbott, Janet (designee)||—||—||DUS|
|Director - Center for Human Reources (or designee)||Bendinelli, Heather||HR|
|Chief Diversity Officer||Bruce, Aaron||—||—||PRESIDENT'S OFFICE|
|Director of Office of Employee Relations and Compliance||Harpole, Thom||—||—||EMPLOYEE RELATIONS AND COMPLIANCE|
|Faculty – A&L||Donadey, Anne||May-18||May-09||EUROP|
|Faculty – BUS||Chung, Beth (Chair)||May-18||May-09||MGT|
|Faculty – EDU||Butler-Byrd, Nola||May-20||May-09||CSP|
|Faculty – ENG||May-Newman, Karen||May-18||Sep-15||Yes|
|Faculty – HHS||Kressler, Jochen||May-20||Sep-17||ENS||Yes|
|Faculty – PFSA||Lindemann, Kurt||May-18||Oct-15|
|Faculty – SCI||Swairjo, Manal||May-20||GEN S|
|Faculty – IVC||Camargo, Esperanza||May-20||Aug-17||IVC|
|Faculty – LIA||Rhodes, Gloria||May-20||Sep-11||LIA|
|Staff||Stewart, Rachael||May-19||Jun-16||Ed Lead Coordinator|
|Provost (or designee)||Eadie, Bill||—||—||AA|
|Senate Chair (or designee)||Preciado, Jose||May-19||Aug-16||Yes|
|Vice President - Academic Affairs (or designee)||Figueroa, Vitaliano||—||—||AVP|
|Director of Student Disability and Services||Starr, Pam||__||__||SDS|
DEO convenes on Thursdays; following are the dates for AY 2017/18.
Thursday, September 7
Thursday, October 5
Thursday, November 2
Thursday, December 7
Tuesday, November 15
Tuesday, December 12
Meetings are held in the Lipinsky Room (SSW 1609) from 2:00 to 3:30 pm.
Upload committee agendas and minutes in this section.
Upload submitted reports to the Senate and record them in this section.