Environment and Safety Committee
The UNIVERSITY POLICIES: Committees and Councils section of the Policy File details the areas in which Committee members focus - specifically:
- policies and procedures on the health, safety, and learning conditions of the campus environment (to include: sidewalks, walkways, and pedestrian malls; classrooms, laboratories, and work areas); and restrooms, stairwells, elevators, and hallways).
- investigation of such problems/issues as health, hazardous materials and waste, safety, emergency preparedness, excessive noise or traffic, and other matters that detrimentally affect the campus environment.
This Committee has a membership of 13:
- five faculty - one of whom serves as Chair and one an elected Senator
- two staff
- Vice President for Business and Financial Affairs or Director of Administrative Services
- Director of Health Services or designee
- Directors of Physical Plant or designee
- one member of the local Unit 3 collective bargaining agency
- two students
Roster / AY 2018-19
|Major Academic Unit
(or Ex Officio Position)
|Name||Term Ends||Appt. Date||Department||Senator|
|Faculty – Open||Seshagiri, Sridhar (Chair)||20-May||12-Feb||COMPE, EE|
|Faculty – Open||Sen|
|Faculty – Open||Fuller, Amanda (finishing term for Barker)||20-May||17-Sep||DAESA||Sen|
|Faculty – Open||Khoo, Aurorae||20-May||17-Dec||ThTVFilm|
|Faculty – Open||Werry, Chris||20-May||17-Dec||RWS||Sen|
|Member of Local Unit 3 Collective Bargaining Agency||Toombs, Charles||20-May||18-Feb||AFR St.||Sen|
|Vice President for Business and Financial Affairs
(or designee) Director of Administrative Services
|Nancy Demich, (designee)||—||—||BUSINESS & FINANCE|
|Director of Health Services (or designee)||S/B: Pamela Starr||—||—|
|Director of Physical Plant (or designee)||S/B: John Ferris||—||—||BUSINESS & FINANCE|
Generally meets 1st Tuesday of the month in E101D (basement) from 10:00-11:00 am.
AY 2018/19 Meeting Dates:
September 4, 2018
October 1, 2018
November 6, 2018
December 4, 2018
February 5, 2019
March 5, 2019
April 9, 2019
May 7, 2019
Upload committee agendas and minutes in this section.
Upload submitted reports to the Senate and record them in this section.