Environment and Safety Committee
The UNIVERSITY POLICIES: Committees and Councils section of the Policy File details the areas in which Committee members focus - specifically:
- policies and procedures on the health, safety, and learning conditions of the campus environment (to include: sidewalks, walkways, and pedestrian malls; classrooms, laboratories, and work areas); and restrooms, stairwells, elevators, and hallways).
- investigation of such problems/issues as health, hazardous materials and waste, safety, emergency preparedness, excessive noise or traffic, and other matters that detrimentally affect the campus environment.
This Committee has a membership of 13:
- five faculty - one of whom serves as Chair and one an elected Senator
- two staff
- Vice President for Business and Financial Affairs or Director of Administrative Services
- Director of Health Services or designee
- Directors of Physical Plant or designee
- one member of the local Unit 3 collective bargaining agency
- two students
Roster / AY 2017-18
|Major Academic Unit
(or Ex Officio Position)
|Name||Term Ends||Appt. Date||Department||Senator|
|Faculty – Open||Seshagiri, Sridhar (Chair)||20-May||12-Feb||COMPE, EE|
|Faculty – Open||McCall, Michael||20-May||17-Oct||SOC||Sen|
|Faculty – Open||Barker, Valerie||20-May||17-Sep||JMS||Sen|
|Faculty – Open||Khoo, Aurorae||20-May||17-Dec||ThTVFilm|
|Faculty – Open||Werry, Chris||20-May||17-Dec||RWS||Sen|
|Member of Local Unit 3 Collective Bargaining Agency|
|Vice President for Business and Financial Affairs (or designee) Director of Administrative Services||Nancy Demich, designee||—||—||BUSINESS & FINANCE|
|Director of Health Services (or designee)||S/B: Pamela Starr||—||—|
|Director of Physical Plant (or designee)||S/B: John Ferris||—||—||BUSINESS & FINANCE|
Generally meets 3rd Tuesday of the month in E101 (basement) from 9:30-10:30 am
Upload committee agendas and minutes in this section.
Upload submitted reports to the Senate and record them in this section.