Extended Studies Advisory Council
The UNIVERSITY POLICIES: Committees and Councils section of the Policy File details the areas on which Committee members focus - specifically:
- assistance with development of policies, procedures, and directions for extended education programs - including University-wide special sessions.
- review of and recommendations for proposed noncredit certificate programs with the Dean of Extended Studies (as well as the Provost).
- review of and recommendations for external degree programs that parallel those offered on campus.
- identification of extended educational needs for the University service area.
- communication with faculty and the general community about the purpose and function of extended service programs.
- problems regarding self-support programs (and recommendations for alternative options).
This council has a membership of 13:
- eight faculty - one from each of the seven Colleges and the SDSU-IV Campus
- Academic Affairs representative
- Student Affairs representative
- Undergraduate Studies representative
- Graduate Affairs representative
- Senate representative
This Council is currently inactive.