General Education Curriculum and Assessment Committee
The UNIVERSITY POLICIES: Committees and Councils section of the Policy File details the areas on which Committee members focus - specifically:
- review and evaluation of current and proposed courses for General Education.
- review and evaluation of student learning outcomes assessment in General Education courses.
This committee has a membership of 13:
- nine faculty - one each from the seven Colleges, the Library, and the SDSU-IV Campus
- Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs - Student Achievement or designee
- Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs - Enrollment or designee
- two students (undergraduate)
Roster / AY 2017-18
|Major Academic Unit
(or Ex Officio Position)
|Name||Term Ends||Appt. Date||Department||Senator|
|Assistant Vice President - Academic Services||Samuels, Stephanie (designee)||—||—||
|Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs (or designee)||Shultz, Nora||—||—||DUS|
|Student – Undergraduate||Blutinger, Matthew||18-May||17-Nov||AS|
|Student – Undergraduate||Brewer, Daia||18-May||17-Nov||AS|
|Faculty – SCI||Baljon, Arlette||20-May||17-Sep||PHYSICS||Sen|
|Faculty – PFSA||Sha, Bey-Ling (Chair Sp 18)||18-May||—||JMS||Sen|
|Faculty – A&L||Atterton, Peter (for Csoman, Sp 18)||20-May||17-Aug||PHIL|
|Faculty – BUS||Dean, Michelle||18-May||14-Oct||MGT|
|Faculty – HHS||Verity, Larry-getting a replacement||19-May||13-Sep||HHS|
|Faculty – EDU||Vasquez Urias, Marissa||20-May||17-Nov||ARPE|
|Faculty – ENG||Youssef, George||18-May||15-May||M ENG|
|Faculty – IVC|
|Faculty – LIA||Culbertson, Anna||19-May||16-May||LIA|
This Committee meets on Mondays, from 9:00 to 10:30 am. Following is the schedule for this academic year.
- October 16
- Ocober 30
- November 13
- November 27
- Decembe 11
Upload committee agendas and minutes in this section.
Upload submitted reports to the Senate and record them in this section.