Intercollegiate Athletics Council
The Council serves as the primary advisory body to the President on varsity intercollegiate athletics. It represents all segments of the University community interested in athletics at SDSU, and make recommendations to the President about the entire intercollegiate athletic program offered by the Department of Athletics.
Subject to the President's approval, the Council develops policies that guide administration of the intercollegiate athletics program by its Director (for example, on such matters as income and expenditure budgets, grants and other financial aid to student-athletes, eligibility of student athletes, ticket distribution policies, etc.); however, the Council does not have administrative or executive capacity.
Specifics of the Council's charge are detailed in the UNIVERSITY POLICIES: Committees and Councils section of the Policy File.
This Council has a membership of 18:
- nine faculty, five appointed by the Senate and four by the President (which includes
the Faculty Athletic Representative and (potentially) one College Dean with faculty
- Vice President for Business and Financial Affairs.
- Vice President for Student Affairs or designee.
- Vice President for University Relations and Development or designee.
- two students, one appointed by the President of Associated Students and one by the Student-Athlete Advisory Council.
- President of the Aztec Athletic Foundation or designee.
- one alumnus.
- one community representative.
- one staff.
- the Chair of the Committee on Academic Resources and Planning or designee shall sit on the Budget subcommittee.
- the President or the Council Chair may invite others with special expertise to sit as nonvoting, ex-officio members.
AY 2017/18 Council Roster
Place the meeting schedule dates, days, times, room, etc...in this section.
Upload committee agendas and minutes in this section.
Upload submitted reports to the Senate and record them in this section.