Liberal Studies Committee
The UNIVERSITY POLICIES: Committees and Councils section of the Policy File details the areas on which Committee members focus - specifically:
- development of policy, program, and curricular proposals.
- review of other policy and curriculum proposals that affect the Liberal Studies program.
The Committee holds primary responsibility for recommending policy and program changes, and may request the assistance of external specialists.
This Committee has a membership of 10:
- four faculty who have taught in the Liberal Studies program - one each from English
and speech, mathematics and natural sciences, fine arts and humanities, and social
and behavioral sciences
- Coordinator of Liberal Studies, who shall serve as Chair
- Dean of the College of Education
- Director of the School of Teacher Education
- Chair of Dual Language and English Learner Education
- Director of the University Advising Center
- one student (majoring in Liberal Studies)
Roster / AY 2017-18
|Major Academic Unit
(or Ex Officio Position)
|Name||Term Ends||Appt. Date||Department||Senator|
|Chair and Coordinator of Liberal Studies||Loh-Hagan, Virginia (Chair)||—||—||COE|
|Faculty – Liberal Studies within Fine Arts and Humanities||McDonald, Nan||18-May||14-Sep||MUSIC|
|Faculty – Liberal Studies within English and Speech||Samraj, Betty||20-May||5-May||LING/LANG|
|Faculty – Liberal Studies within Mathematics and Natural Sciences||Nickerson, Susan||20-May||8-Oct||MATH/STAT|
|Faculty – Liberal Studies within Social and Behavioral Sciences||DeVos, Paula||18-May||17-Aug||HISTORY|
|Faculty - IVC||Bodus, Stacy||20-May||16-Aug||IVC|
|Dean College of Education (formerly Assoc VP for Acad Affairs)||Joe Johnson/Nadine Bezuk||—||—||COE|
|Director of School of Teacher Education (Interim)||Chizhik, Alexander||—||—||STE|
|Chair of Dual Language and English Learner Education||Alfaro, Christina||—||—||DLE|
|Director of the University Advising Center||Xiong, Michelle - LS Advisor||—||—||DUS|
|Student – Liberal Studies Major||Mascardo, Sarah||18-May||17-Aug|
Place the meeting schedule dates, days, times, room, etc...in this section.
Upload committee agendas and minutes in this section.
Upload submitted reports to the Senate and record them in this section.