The UNIVERSITY POLICIES: Committees and Councils section of the Policy File details the areas on which Council members focus - specifically:
- oversight of an integrated approach to undergraduate excellence at SDSU.
- recommendation of new policy for the Division of Academic Engagement and Student Achievement as well as changes to existing policy.
- Supervision of specific University-wide undergraduate programs such as, but not limited to, the Undergraduate Writing and Graduation and Retention Subcommittees.
This Council has a membership of 16:
- nine faculty, one from each of the seven Colleges, the Library, and the SDSU-IV Campus
- Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs/Academic Engagement and Student Achievement, who shall serve as Chair
- Associate and Assistant Deans of Undergraduate Studies
- Vice President of Student Affairs or designee
- Director of Enrollment Services
- two students (undergraduate)
Roster / AY 2018-19
|Major Academic Unit (or Ex Officio Position)||Name||Term Ends||Appt. Date||Department|
|AVP Student Achievement||Shultz, Norah (Chair)||—||—||DAESA|
|Faculty – BUS||Grudnitski, Gary||20-May||14-Oct||ACCTG|
|Faculty – A&L||Valentine, Kathryn||19-May||16-Mar||RWS|
|Faculty – EDU||Luke Duesberry||19-May||17-Mar||ARPE|
|Faculty – ENG||Nagaraj, Santosh||20-May||17-Nov||EC ENG|
|Faculty – HHS||Pruitt-Lord, Sonja||20-May||17-Dec||SLHS|
|Faculty – LIA||Jarocki, Zoe||19-May||16-May||LIA|
|Faculty – PFSA||Abdel-Samad, Mounah||20-May||11-Oct||SPA|
|Faculty – SCI||Love, John||21-May||18-Sep||BIOCHEM||Sen|
|Faculty – IV||Abarbanell, Linda||21-May||18-Sep||IV||Sen|
|Assistant Vice President for Educational Effectiveness/Div of Academic Engagement & Student Achievement||Schellenberg, Stephen||—||—||DAESA||Sen|
|Assistant Dean/Div of Academic Engagement & Student Achievement||Lopez, Michelle||—||—||DAESA|
|Vice President for Student Affairs (or designee)||Samarkos, Christy||—||—||
|Director of Enrollment Services||Cook, Sandra||—||—||
|Student – Undergraduate||Johnson, Jada||19-May||18-Oct||AS|
|Student – Undergraduate||Daggs, Dalton||19-May||18-Oct||AS|
Undergraduate Council meets the 2nd Monday of the month, from 1 to 3 pm.