Environment and Safety Committee
The UNIVERSITY POLICIES: Committees and Councils section of the Policy File details the areas in which Committee members focus - specifically:
- policies and procedures on the health, safety, and learning conditions of the campus environment (to include: sidewalks, walkways, and pedestrian malls; classrooms, laboratories, and work areas); and restrooms, stairwells, elevators, and hallways).
- investigation of such problems/issues as health, hazardous materials and waste, safety, emergency preparedness, excessive noise or traffic, and other matters that detrimentally affect the campus environment.
This Committee has a membership of 13:
- five faculty - one of whom serves as Chair and one an elected Senator
- two staff
- Vice President for Business and Financial Affairs or Director of Administrative Services
- Director of Health Services or designee
- Directors of Physical Plant or designee
- one member of the local Unit 3 collective bargaining agency
- two students
Roster / AY 2019-20
|Major Academic Unit
(or Ex Officio Position)
|Name||Term Ends||Appt. Date||Department|
|Faculty – Open||Seshagiri, Sridhar (Chair)||20-May||12-Feb||COMPE, EE|
|Faculty – Open||Orosz, Jerome*||22-May||18-Feb||ASTRON|
|Faculty – Open||Fuller, Amanda*
(finishing term for Barker)
|Faculty – Open||Khoo, Aurorae||20-May||17-Dec||ThTVFilm|
|Faculty – Open||Werry, Chris||20-May||17-Dec||RWS|
|Member of Local Unit 3 Collective Bargaining Agency||Toombs, Charles||22-May||18-Feb||AFR St.|
|Vice President for Business and Financial Affairs
(or designee) Director of Administrative Services
|Nancy Demich, (designee)||—||—||BUSINESS & FINANCE|
|Director of Health Services (or designee)||S/B: Pamela Starr||—||—|
|Director of Physical Plant (or designee)||S/B: John Ferris||—||—||BUSINESS & FINANCE|
Generally meets 1st Tuesday of the month in E101D (basement) from 10:00-11:00 am.
AY 2019/20 Meeting Dates:
Upload committee agendas and minutes in this section.
Upload submitted reports to the Senate and record them in this section.