Extended Studies Advisory Council
The UNIVERSITY POLICIES: Committees and Councils section of the Policy File details the areas on which Committee members focus - specifically:
- assistance with development of policies, procedures, and directions for extended education programs - including University-wide special sessions.
- review of and recommendations for proposed noncredit certificate programs with the Dean of Extended Studies (as well as the Provost).
- review of and recommendations for external degree programs that parallel those offered on campus.
- identification of extended educational needs for the University service area.
- communication with faculty and the general community about the purpose and function of extended service programs.
- problems regarding self-support programs (and recommendations for alternative options).
This council has a membership of 13:
- eight faculty - one from each of the seven Colleges and the SDSU-IV Campus
- Academic Affairs representative
- Student Affairs representative
- Undergraduate Studies representative
- Graduate Affairs representative
- Senate representative
|Major Academic Unit
or Ex Officio Position
|Ely, David (Chair)||May-22||April-19||FIN|
|Academic Affairs||Temores-Valdez, Sandra||May-22||Sep-19||ENR SRVCS|
|Student Affairs||Chung, Tony||May-20||Nov-18||SA|
|Graduate Affairs||Bohonak, Andy||May-21||Nov-18||GRA|
|Academic Affairs-Technology Rep||Hoge, Edgar||May-20||_||INF TECH|
|Library Info Access rep||Tully, Tim||May-22||Apr-19||LIA|
|Undergrad Curriculum Comm Rep||Verity, Larry||May-21||Apr-19||HHS|
|CES Staff Rep||Linman, Terry||May-21||Apr-10||CES|
|Dean of CES||Seshan, Radhika||May-22||Apr-19||CES|