General Education Curriculum and Assessment Committee
The UNIVERSITY POLICIES: Committees and Councils section of the Policy File details the areas on which Committee members focus - specifically:
- review and evaluation of current and proposed courses for General Education.
- review and evaluation of student learning outcomes assessment in General Education courses.
This committee has a membership of 13:
- nine faculty - one each from the seven Colleges, the Library, and the SDSU-IV Campus
- Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs - Student Achievement or designee
- Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs - Enrollment or designee
- two students (undergraduate)
Roster / AY 2019-20
|Major Academic Unit
(or Ex Officio Position)
|Name (*Senator)||Term Ends||Appt. Date||Department|
|Assistant Vice President - Academic Services||Guerra, Stephanie (designee)||—||—||
|Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs
|Student – Undergraduate||Freeman, Chloe||May-20||Sep-19||AS|
|Student – Undergraduate||Downey, Jacob||May-20||Sep-19||AS|
|Faculty – SCI||Harrison, Christopher*||May-21||Sep-18||CHEM|
|Faculty – PFSA||Canary, Heather (Co-Chair)*||May-22||Sep-19||COMM|
|Faculty – A&L||Perez, Ramona||May-20||Aug-17||ANTHRO|
|Faculty – BUS||Dean, Michelle||May-20||Oct-14||MGT|
|Faculty – HHS||Verity, Larry||May-22||Sep-13||HHS|
|Faculty – EDU||Wilson, Gregory (Co-Chair)||May-20||Nov-18||ARPE|
|Faculty – ENG||Ozturk, Yusuf*||May-21||Sep-18||E COMP ENG|
|Faculty – IVC||IV|
|Faculty – LIA||Nowicki, Rebecca||May-22||Sep-19||LIA|
This Committee meets on Mondays, from 9:00 to 10:30 am in EBA-253. Meeting dates for AY 19-20 are: 9/9, 9/23, 10/7, 10/21, 11/4, 11/18, 12/2, 12/16, 1/27, 2/10, 2/24, 3/9, 3,23, 4/6, 4/20, 5/4.
Upload committee agendas and minutes in this section.
Upload submitted reports to the Senate and record them in this section.