Student Learning Outcomes and Program Assessment Committee
The UNIVERSITY POLICIES: Committees and Councils section of the Policy File details the areas on which Committee members focus - specifically:
- oversight for the program assessment of Degree Learning Outcomes.
- evaluation of assessment plans and progress for all degrees and programs (including those accredited by external agencies).
- review (on a regular basis) of and feedback on assessment reports for each degree.
This Committee has a membership of 15:
- nine faculty (one from each of the seven Colleges, the Library, and the SDSU-IV Campus)
- Assistant Vice President of Academic Affairs/Educational Effectiveness
- Associate Vice President of Student Affairs or designee
- representative of Instructional Technology Services (nonvoting)
- representative of the Center for Teaching and Learning (nonvoting)
- two students (undergraduate)
Roster / AY 2019-20
|Major Academic Unit
(or Ex Officio Position)
|Name (*Senator)||Term Ends||Appt. Date||Department|
|Faculty – A&L||Csomay, Eniko*||22-May||16-Sep||LING|
|Faculty – BUS||Gill, Steven||22-May||19-Oct||ACCT|
|Faculty – EDU||Bresciani, Marilee & Potter, Nina||20-May||17-Sep||ARPE|
|Faculty – ENG||Youssef, George||20-May||17-Oct||M ENG|
|Faculty – HHS||Verity, Larry||20-May||18-Jan||HHS|
|Faculty – LIA||Lamont, Lisa||20-May||19-Sep||LIA|
|Faculty – PFSA||Alter, Joseph||20-May||18-Jan||DANCE|
|Faculty – SCI||Hovel, Kevin||21-May||18-Dec||BIO|
|Faculty – IVC||Boime, Eric & Bodus, Stacy||20-May||17-Sep||IVC|
|Assistant Vice President of Academic Affairs - Educational Effectiveness||Schellenberg, Stephen* (Chair)||—||—||DUS|
Associate Vice President of Student Affairs
Student Learning Outcomes Committee meets 1st and 3rd Fridays, from 11:30am-1pm.
AY19/20 meetings: 9/6, 9/20, 10/4, 10/18, 11/1, 11/15, 12/6